Actuarial and Insurance Services
Our Actuarial team offers end-to-end actuarial, advisory and audit services to financial and insurance institutions across Africa. We have developed models, methodologies and related processes based on actuarial principles, with a proven record of accomplishment for clients in the following fields:
- Insurance, including General, Life, Health, Micro, Funeral and Reinsurance;
- Pensions and related Employee Benefits;
- Medical Aid Schemes;
- Accident and Compensation Schemes, including Social Security; and
- Banking and Capital Markets.
We provide traditional actuarial services, as well as general audit and advisory services that aim to deliver value beyond the actuarial brief.
A1.1 Our approach to actuarial, advisory and audit services will be to work with you as a team. We place considerable importance on learning about your needs and concerns with the aim of helping you establish solutions that reinforce your overall objectives and meet your requirements.
A1.2 We have never sought to develop standard “packaged solutions”. Each client is treated individually and advised according to their specific needs, but using our experience of the market to suggest appropriate solutions.
<4h>A1.3 Our team has vast experience in the Actuarial and Insurance sector in the Southern Africa market and abroad. The following are the traditional Actuarial services that we can provide Insurers, Schemes, Funds and Banks:
- Actuarial Valuation and Reserving of liabilities;
- Pricing of risk benefits and determination of the Pace of Funding to meet pre- determined liabilities;
- Financial and Statutory Reporting, including Statutory Actuary function;
- Enterprise Risk Management;
- Solvency and Capital Management;
- Derisking Solutions;
- Regulatory Change;
- Insurance Function Modernisation;
- Advisory Services; and
- Audit Services, on a support, co-sourced or fully outsourced basis.